October 27, 2013

Help Him Help You

I’ve noticed men are habitually criticized for laziness, being deadbeats, unfaithfulness, etc. It’s not so often we see women praising the men that are working two jobs so she can go to school, enlisted in the Army to give her and their children a better life, or has given her $50,000 to start the business of her choice. About 75% of women would say these men don’t exist, I beg to differ. I’d say they are far and few in between, but they aren’t extinct.

First and foremost, if you’re in a relationship or still sleeping with this man you’re claiming is the scum of the Earth, save it, your slander is null and void. This means you aren’t aware
of your worth which validates your lack of confidence and low self-esteem. If you know you deserve better, you wouldn’t have settled for him. Possibly, you don’t have your own priorities together, in that case, you should be single or the two of you should be encouraging and uplifting on another versus putting him down via social networks. Don’t tell me you stay because you love him, I refuse to buy it!

Now, I believe if your companion see your determination and hard work, he’ll be more than supportive. He’ll motivate, encourage, and assist you financially (if he’s able). We don’t hesitate when we receive extravagant, unnecessary gifts such as Red Bottoms, jewelry, vacations, and shopping sprees so why not ask him to invest in your future instead? I know women that are incredibly talented in cosmetology or fashion designing (among other things) but lack ambition and a desire to be successful. How do you expect your significant other to believe in you if you don’t believe in yourself? It’s impossible for him to push you to pursue your dreams and goals if you don’t have any. I find it preposterous how many women brag about how much money she can get out of a man yet have absolutely NOTHING to show for it. You can’t pay your children’s college tuition with Chanel bags and passport stamps and you won’t get a ring without some type of plan for yourself.

I can admit, I’ve ran through my fair share of money and gifts. I’ve had a few offer to assistance with whatever dream I had, but at the time my focus was elsewhere. If had known then what I know now, I’d have a lot more accomplishments under my belt, nevertheless, the lessons I’ve learned are priceless.

I’m honored to say the male audience of The Perfect Pain growing significantly. My post aren’t only for women, I also write so men can get a clearer understanding of the female species. I salute the real men out there who motivate and invest in their lady’s dreams and encourage her to bring her visions to reality, you rock!

Sincerely,

F.C.

1 comment: