October 25, 2013

Return of the Ex

We all hesitate a bit when an ex send random “I miss you” text messages. For some it’s easy to brush off with a simple “oh” (which is my favorite comeback), then for some, it’s not as simple. Every now and then we actually miss them back or perhaps we’re still single and a little lonely. Your response to that text will tell him or her if there’s chance of sliding back into your good graces or if they should just leave well enough alone. Depending on the reason behind the break-up, we contemplate an invitation to catch up for old time sakes, even if deep down we know eventually we’re going to regret it later.


 I do believe some relationships (very few) are worthy of a second chance. It could’ve been bad timing or too much distance between the two individuals involved. Maybe one, or both, of you weren’t prepared for a serious relationship at the time. If one of these pertain to you, it’s okay to say, “I miss you too” (if you’re single). After all, I’ve seen couples get back together and live that “happily ever after” life we dream of.

Sometimes we’ve been hurt so badly that it’s impossible to forgive, let alone forget, what a former lover has put us through. There are those relationships that are irreparable and it’s better to move on regardless of how great the sex is or how lavish the gifts are. Still, we’ll go back to them out of fear of being alone. One the other hand, some of us are just selfish. Even though we don’t want them, we stay because we can’t fathom seeing them with anyone else.

If a situation is unhealthy and unbeneficial to you, let it go. Life’s too short to be miserable an unhappy. Personally, I don’t believe in reigniting old flames, I’d rather let bygones be bygones. I mean, we don’t have eyes in the back of our heads for a reason! However, after speaking with an ex and reevaluating our time together, I do think it’s worth another shot now that I’ve had time to work on myself and grow as an individual. Who knows what will happen? I’m a firm believer that what’s meant to be, will.
Before you respond to that text message, take all I’ve said into consideration…. Thank me later!

Sincerely,

F.C 

No comments:

Post a Comment